Responsibilities of Personal Fitness Trainers
A personal fitness trainer has many responsibilities when working with individuals. Some of these responsibilities include the following:
- Assess the needs and capabilities of individuals through fitness assessment procedures.
- Advise individuals on the correct method and use of exercise machines and devices including weights.
- Develop individual exercise programs for individuals based on age and fitness levels.
- Provide instruction in a variety of fitness activities including non-gym related activities.
- Motivate clients to work to his/her maximum and safe potential for the entire workout.
- Assure all exercises are done with proper form and technique maximizing results.
- Help clients develop realistic, attainable goals and continually modifying training objectives.
This personal trainer is advising this individual on the correct method while using this exercise device.